Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Light bulb

So it's official. I put in my two weeks @ Hy-Vee. & as liberating & exciting as that should be, I'm really going to miss that place. It was the perfect part-time job to come back to after having Emmett, & it's a raelly fun & easy place to work. But, there is a reason they pay you so much for the job you do, because all the work I'll be doing w/ AT&T will definitely be worth the starting pay they'll be giving. I took three or four days off before I start, too, just to spend it w/ Emmett. It's going to be hard going back to full-time & not seeing my Bubba bug as much.

I've been dabbling w/ graphic design lately. If you couldn't tell w/ how many times I've changed up the graphics on my blog. It's fun playing around w/ it, & seeing what goes. Right now I'm really diggin' my Twitter themed set up. However, I do have a Harry Potter one I'll be using starting October 31st, Halloween, & will be keeping up until after I see the new movie that comes out November 19th. But anyway, if any of my readers have a blogger & would like me to attempt to make them a layout similar to mine, I'd love to! Just give me some specifics & colors you'd like. If you have a certain image w/ a color on it you love I can use that to find the color code & make something all cute & fun up! Just let me know. :)

So I've been looking at some home accessories. I'm so incredibly lost when it comes to accent pieces & little gidgets & woo-has as decoration. Here are some things I did like:

I love things that look like antiques, or just old things in general. I can't wait to go antiquing!





Another thing I really like are over-sized vases. You can fill them w/ all sorts of thing. I figured things like bamboo shoots, tall grassy plants, old fashioned umbrellas, etc.








Wicker baskets & accessories have always given me that home-sweet-home feeling. Not only do I love the earthly feel, but it's also extra storage!







A few other things I'd like to add are candles & wall sconces. We also will be using LOTS of framed Daytrotter artwork throughout the house, as well. SO FRIENDS! Any fun ideas to incorporate a few of my favorite things?

As for the outside goes, we'll have a really awesome fenced-in back/side yard. The fencing is PERFECT for both Caesar & Emmett when he's finally able to play outside. It's mostly all grassed in, so we're trying to decide if we either want to add a concrete slab patio for an outdoor eating set, or maybe something like this:





We definitely have some really good ideas, but would also appreciate any of your ideas & thoughts! Let me know by leaving lots & lots of comments!

3 comments:

  1. Very neat ideas! I love oversized vases and wicker baskets. Craft stores tend to have a lot of that sort of stuff. I believe Michaels and JoAnn Fabrics both had some. Michaels always has coupons for stuff too if you look online. I'm a big fan of the show Color Splash on HGTV because the designer always has pops of color somewhere and I think that really adds to a room. I also always liked lots of white with browns if you want to keep it all neutral.

    You can put those oversized vases in the corners (BUT if you're trying to babyproof your house its considered to be a not so safe option). I suppose it depends on where you put it, but I'm sure Emmett will be crawling around and then walking soon so that's something to think about. I do absolutely love them though so hopefully you can find a place for them to work!

    Do you like the Pottery Barn look? You should go through their catalogs too because they have a lot of that warm and cozy home look and incorporate a lot of neutrals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love ALL of those things you posted, especially the oversized vases. my house is strewn with them but my nieces came over and loved them equally, but for knocking over, not admiring. i have to put them away to babyproof. hmph. also hobby lobby is my favorite for antique and wicker stuff. also holiday stuff. i could spend hours in something lame like mother's day decoration because their holiday decor is so friggin' good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps: harry potter is the bomb. i can't wait for the new movie to come out!!!

    ReplyDelete