Sunday, August 15, 2010

Interior Decorators UNITE! & help me...

I just recently joined a new social networking website called Vimeo. Vimeo is a community where people can come to share their creative ideas, personal life moments, & artistic abilities via video. The huge difference between Vimeo & other similar websites, such as YouTube, is that it's specifically for people who want to share more personal video. The reason I chose Vimeo over YouTube is because I mainly only post videos of Emmett & his developmental milestones, & I'd rather put that on a website that makes me feel a little bit safer. Now that I've got that out of the way, check out the awesome little widget in the sidebar where you can instantly watch all of my videos from the website!

Another neat feature I've added to my blog is specifically for my readers who use Twitter. Recently Twitter has released a much more attractive webpage widget, which you can also see over in my sidebar. & besides only having "follow me" buttons available, they now offer "Tweet" buttons. What this basically is, is a button you can use to tweet my website (blog) to your followers! I don't expect anyone to use it, but any recognition would be awesome!

Moving on...

It's time like these that I wish I were better at interior design. I'm not going to divulge any secrets, as I am waiting for a certain thing to happen before I post my reveal blog post w/ news about the new job & the new house. However, when looking for a new house a HUGE factor is decorating it. Well, I really suck at doing this. Decorating & interior design has never been my forté. If anyone can help me, maybe w/ a website or some really cool & colorful ideas for designing a really awesome dining room & living room, that would be awesome.

Some ideas I have are: I want a clean, simple, classy look. Slight bold colors, paired w/ neutrals. Something fun, but different at the same time! Let me know what you think! Also, keep in mind the dimensions of the room are smaller rather than larger!

My furniture selections are quite neutral:






& also comes w/ a large square ottoman.

Give me colors & ideas that POP!

Ready... Set... GO!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Rachael, I post decorating ideas on my blog and facebook page all the time: www.facebook.com/storibook designs. Your timing is great because I'm hosting my very first Give-A-Way ever. Details are on both pages, but if you want you can check it out on my blog www.storibookdesigns.blogspot.com - it will link you back to facebook and my website anyway.

    Sounds like you've got something pretty exciting in the works. Happy for you and I'm sending positive thoughts your way that it all turns out as you would like!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put an accent color on one wall and use that color and others in pillows, candles, a vase etc. Have fun with it. Love the furniture choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have this furniture set! (minus the lamps and tables) They are SUPER comfy! You sink right into them! We've had them for about 7 months now. Big thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Maygan! That makes me want them even more now!

    ReplyDelete