Friday, June 4, 2010

A Tight Squeeze

So upon the news that my son had emerged from my womb weighing @ 9 and a half pounds, I began to wonder. I know I was pretty huge by the end of my pregnancy, but what pregnant woman doesn't feel like a beached whale? So today, I'm going to post my belly photos, & I want YOU to tell ME if you think a 9 and a half pound, 20 and a half inch long baby could have been stuffed inside there.

@ 5 months if you had told me during this month that I was going to have a 9 pounder, I wouldn't of believed you!



@ 6 months even looking back at this month, now... I was amazed at how much I grew from the 5th month to the 6th.



@ 7 months it was this month they started palpitating my stomach to feel what the baby might be up to. This was the first time I was told they didn't think he was gonna be a very big baby.



@ 8 months it was around 37 weeks they started guessing his weight. The first time they guessed I was told between 7 pounds 5 ounces & 7 pounds 14 ounces by birth time.



@ 9 months it was at the very end when I was told that they thought he'd be on the higher end of 7 pounds, but probably no bigger than 8 pounds. I was also told that they were happy to feel that he was going to be over 6 pounds, because they were worried he'd be small to begin with, & that I would deliver early.



After 3 hours of pushing, & almost 45 minutes of him crowning, (ring of fire, anyone? more like ring of gigantic forest fire!) I finally felt the relief of pushing him out. The first few words I heard were, "Oh, I think he's a 9 pounder." I thought it was some sort of sick joke. Low & behold, they weighed him. I couldn't believe it, & to this day I still can't!



I can't even picture what kind of crazy contortion the child had to be in to fit inside my body!

So, I'll ask him when he's older. "Emmett, where on earth did you hide in there? I don't understand..."

1 comment:

  1. Lol. That is so true...Emmett had to have been curled up really tight in there! He's so damn adorable though. I love looking at his pictures. :) I love that your re-posted your belly pics too. Now I can compare where I'm at compared to yours!

    ReplyDelete