Thursday, June 3, 2010

3 weeks later...

How he's doing at 3 weeks old...

He's been letting us sleep a little bit longer through the night. Sometimes 3 - 4 hours. But during the day, well, don't count on getting anything done. He only takes short 45 minute naps & then when he's awake it's a mixture of entertaining himself for a short while & needing to be cuddled as well.

He's eating more. The other day I saw him polish off almost 5 oz's. He normally doesn't eat that much at one time, but he had been napping for like... 4 hours & only ate an ounce or so before going down. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure he pooped that day, too. So, that's like a double whammy.

He's much more alert! I like to play this game where I wave my hand to him, & he'll look at it. & then I'll hide it, & he'll look at me. We've been seeing much more of his eye's lately. Not as much of his eye lids!

During tummy time, he's able to turn his head from one side to the other at least twice. He screams & hates tummy time, but he can do it! We just have to learn not to feel bad for him cause he's not really getting hurt.

He's also still not usually waking us up at night by crying. We normally still have to listen for his chirping. Once he starts crying, I'll feel much more comfortable putting him in his crib, & not the pack 'n play.

Oh, & he's pooping much more often now. Not too often, but more than once every few days. Yay!

How I am doing 3 weeks postpartum...

I'm still having trouble waking up several times a night & getting back to sleep easily. It's bad enough that by morning I can barely get myself up. I wish there was a sleeping pill that will let you wake up, & fall asleep easily. There you go, scientists. How about that?

There is still some pain downstairs, but it gets better with a short break, or some pain medication. I haven't had time yet to take another warm bath. I don't seem to have time for anything these days. I'm sure once I get the chance, it will help.

I'm beginning to get bored with sitting at home all the time. A little overwhelmed, as well. Sometimes it feels like a struggle just to go to the bathroom. It's getting to the frustration period where I wonder, "Will I ever get to be alone ever again?" I need some me time. Badly.

Not to mention how freaking hungry I am all the time. I wish someone would cook for me.

I'm also excited to get back to working & hopefully soon working out. I want to feel normal again.

Besides any of the normal struggles from even being postpartum & a brand new parent, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm happy with myself, my baby, & how things are turning out. Sometimes, ya just gotta vent!

& now for some cuteness!



We try to keep the air conditioner off during most of the morning, since it's cooler outside. However, Emmett is a very sweaty baby... so we mostly hang out in our diaper.



He's so cute for the few seconds he lets us wrap him up.




I'm sure if Mama didn't need to eat, sleep, poop, or move around he'd sleep like this forever.

That's all for now! Sorry I can't write as much these days... should be obvious why.

No comments:

Post a Comment