Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Piglet

I've been calling Emmett a piglet so often these days that I'm thinking he's starting to repeat it. I mean, the kid is up to almost 3 oz's a feeding, & he isn't sleeping any longer!

Check out the cuteness...





Today we're watching Rookie of the Year. I have yet to buy Emmett any Cub's paraphernalia, & I haven't been able to watch any games due to the fact we cancelled cable in order to make our lives simpler & more productive. & even though it's helped, I'm still totally missing the baseball season this year & it sucks! Emmett seems to like this movie, too. :)

Yesterday my Mom brought my niece Emma over to see her cousin Emmett. She insisted on helping feed him. She's quite good at baby keeping (future babysitter?), but I don't think Emmett was convinced.



His face screams, "Good God help me." LOL!

-----

The whole getting back to work thing is starting to freak me out. I've been applying a few places in the last couple days. What I'm hoping is getting into something like HyVee, where I can have a more flexible schedule. I can't imagine now, leaving my baby. But I know I have to, & I know I have to soon.

Did any other new Mommies have problems leaving their little ones?

2 comments:

  1. So so cute! That's funny that you call Emmett piglet. That's an old nickname of mine! I told Andrew I was going to call our baby piglet if he/she fit the script, but all he said was "don't say she, he's a boy". lol. Men. We'll see in 2 weeks though! I almost want it to be a girl just so that I can laugh and tell him I told you so. :)

    PS - your default picture of you and Emmett with that smile on his face is priceless!!! It seems like you're doing great as a mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! 2 more weeks, that's so exciting. I had that upset-excited-stomach feeling waiting for my 20 week ultrasound.

    Being a mother is turning out to feel a lot more natural than I thought it would.

    & he is a little piglet. The noises he makes reminds me of one!

    ReplyDelete