Thursday, May 27, 2010

2 weeks postpartum & his 2 week check-up

Let's start with me!

2 weeks postpartum, & how I'm feeling...

The gross shakiness & feeling of weakness is gone. Which must mean that my hemoglobin is back up to almost normal. Hooray!

My PUPPP rash is GONE! I rarely itch. All that's left are my poor scratch marks & scabs from itching myself to death. I don't look like I have scabies, & I don't have to scrub with that stinky pine tar soap anymore. Another bonus.

This will deduct points. I'm still feeling quite a bit of pain 'down there.' It's normally after I've done quite a bit of activity. I'm guessing this is normal. If it still hurts like this by week 3 of postpartum, I'm gonna be a little more worried.

LOCHIA also known as my uterus bleeding from the rupture of the placenta & the childbirth & all that is finally dying down. It's no longer uncomfortable to be miles away from my own bathroom. I no longer am changing double the diapers (his & my own!) all day. PLUS!

I'm not sure how my weight is doing, because I don't have a scale. But if you go by the rule, "You'll leave the hospital not looking much better than you went in," then I should be in good shape. I definitely don't look anywhere near pregnant anymore. My stomach looks like a stretched out balloon. My abdominals are gaping, & will take some time to close the gap before I can start toning them again. So patience is a virtue at that point. Otherwise, I have my cute butt back! (It was starting to look a little plumber like) & to be honest, I think I'm looking pretty good. Just gotta wait for some healing & all I'll need to do is tone 'er up a bit.

2 weeks old, & his check-up revealed...

All of his newborn reflexes are intact. He's got great circulation, absolutely no jaundice, a firm grasp, & a strong neck.

He's up to 9 pounds 11 ounces! So he's back to birth weight, & then some.

They commented on how well we've got his head back to looking normal. Meaning, the amount of back time & tummy time I'm giving him is doing him real good.

His breathing doesn't look stressed at all, but when he's all worked up he starts to kind of pant. As long as we keep an eye on it, & make sure it's not always like that, it should be okay. They said it doesn't look like he's having trouble at all. I'm looking at him right now as he sleeps, & it's definitely slower. He just gets hyper diapers I guess.

They are pleased with how well he's eating. Our doctor said that she was concerned about his eating in the hospital. He was such a lazy eater then (as he still is now) that she was definitely worried about him taking to the breast. She admitted to us she figured he'd end up on the bottle. He's still a lazy eater, & we have to keep coaxing him to eat at the bottle. But he's doing well.

Other than that...

We're all doing great. I even got the living room vacuumed today, so I'm pretty pleased. Sorry no new cute pictures today. Just know that there will be future posts filled with them. :)

That is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment