Sunday, May 2, 2010

Daytrotter's Barnstormer III: April 2010

We finally got the right camera with us this time, because I got some great photos from last night!

Last night was Daytrotter's final night on the Barnstormer III tour. It was @ the Codfish Hollow barn in Maquoketa, IA. That is if you didn't already know this via my tweets!

Before I share with you the splendid visual glory, I have a not-so-funny-at-the-time story for you: Phil & I had to rush out of the festivities so fast because despite being 9 months pregnant with no sign of popping & despite that I am already uncomfortable enough in even the weakest of situations, according to my terrible luck and always messy hand of cards, I sat in someone's poop. Not just someone's poop. It was in the porta-potty that was the excuse for the restroom. & it wasn't your normal, healthy shit. Obviously, because I sat in it. So, we had to leave before I puked every where, & so I could get home and shower away the filth before (somehow in my mind) the E Coli & hepatitis seeped into my pores.

& no, this was one thing I didn't tweet about.

Any way, enough of that crap! Here are the pictures!












It was a really awesome night except for two things:

  1. A really drunk (& probably something else) guy who kept dancing into people (he had a vengeance for the pregnant) & had to be pulled out of there.
  2. Me sitting in poop.


& I had a blast even though I was hoping the hayrack ride would somehow be bumpy enough to break my water.

OH! & photos are courtesy of baby's daddy Phil.

& one last thing. PREGO FRIENDS: if you are having trouble sleeping @ night due to peeing too much & aching bodies, try Tylenol PM. If you are scared of the sleeping medicine (diphenhydramine HCL) & think the Tylenol PM might have too large a dose, then try this: 2 regular Tylenol tablets & 1 HyVee Nighttime Sleep Aid mini-caplet. That will give you the same strength in pain reliever, & cut the sleep aid dose in half. If you want to go the inexpensive route with generic or store brand medication, the pain reliever you'll want is acetaminophen (key ingredient in Tylenol) & the sleep aid you'll want is diphenhydramine (key ingredient in Unisom & Tylenol PM). The key here is to NOT EXCEED 1000mg acetaminophen w/ 50mg diphenhydramine. & YES, it's worth it to get a good night of sleep. & YES, they are all deemed pregnancy safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment