Friday, April 16, 2010

Picture Blog "Simple Things"

I decided that my last few posts have been a little depressing. So, I'm going to amuse you by posting a picture blog today. I'm feeling quite a bit better than I was this morning, so this will be far more pleasant.

So lately I've been trying to entertain Caesar while nobody is home by buying him a mixture of good ol' fashioned rawhide bones, & those Purina BusyBones. That worked all fine and dandy of course, until he started beating his record for fastest bone ever chewed. The BusyBone chews were K.O.'ed in about a half hour, where as it took maybe an hour to finish the smaller rawhide bones I was getting him... I mean he's not a big dog & doesn't have very large teeth. So today, while at Walmart, I picked him up this close to $3 Goliath bone & gave it to him. He's absolutely thrilled, but he has to stand to chew it. Let's just see how long this one lasts...

Lately we've also been taking him to the local dog park. Now, Caesar is a lover. He loves Phil & I, and is a great cuddle buddy. But, if he doesn't know you, he's a creep. He's so shy, it's almost embarrassing. We thought this may only pertain to humans, but sadly it's also to other dogs. As of late, we've noticed him becoming increasingly playful. We're hoping by the end of the summer, he'll be somewhat normal. But if you met the dog, you'd know that normal is probably something he'll never be.

While at Walmart, I also picked this up. First off, there is a small kiosk in the baby/infant section that has $3 per piece Garanimal's clothing. It is usually either newborn or 0 - 3 month things, and consists of mostly onesies & matching shorts and pants. It's so hard for me to shop there, even if I'm only picking up toilet paper, without stopping by and seeing what they have. Well, I kind of lost my shit when I saw this. Adorable little plaid shorts and a matching crab onesie. I told him I'd only buy it for him if he decided to make his debut by the end of next week. His firm kick in my ribs told me this meant, "Deal."

This is one of the last things we needed before our son's layette was finished. It was only about $35 online, & comes with some really nice features. Our theme for his nursery is Winnie the Pooh, mainly because we were trying to keep everything neutral. We weren't going to find out his sex, but by the time 20 weeks came around we were absolutely dying to know. Now that we found out his sex, we decided to keep the name we chose for him a secret until he's born. This is easier than I thought it would be, because I LOVE the name we chose & I honestly just want to tell everyone.

Last but not least, pizza. I came to the realization that if I were stuck on a island & was only allowed to eat 1 food for the rest of my life, I want that to be pizza. Why? Because a.) it's delicious, b.) you can put ANYTHING on it, c.) you don't need a plate to eat it, and d.) it tastes good with water, soda, & beer. You can never go wrong. However, I can only eat frozen pizza if it is burnt to a chewy crisp. So I'm hoping whoever the asshole is who puts me on this island and forces me to make this choice, he at least lets me choose where the pizza is coming from.

& that's it for my picture blog! Oh, & it's because our pizza just got here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment