Friday, April 16, 2010

No pain, no gain?

I remembered a random moment where my sister-in-law told me that in the last few weeks of her pregnancy she felt like her hips were splitting apart. I nodded like I normally do when post-pregnant mothers tell me things like this.

Last night, I finally realized what she was talking about. I've reached the piss-in-the-middle-of-the-night, or frequent urination, status of about 6 times per night. People keep hammer and nailing my mind with HYDRATION HYDRATION HYDRATION. But, the time I'm more thirsty, is at night.

So anyway, last night, every time I stood to go pee it literally felt like my hips, or my pelvic bone, was being pulled apart. It was the worst pain I've felt yet. It made it very hard to sleep, & even harder to get comfortable. I'm 36 weeks and 2 days pregnant today, & although he's not full term until 37 weeks, I could care less if he decided to come today.

Even though I have the easiest job in the world, working at the Muscular Dystrophy Association, and everyone is ultra kind to me, it's still getting harder to get there and stay at work the whole time. I don't work more than 5 hours a day, and even that sometimes is unbearable. All I want to do is come home, strip into my bra and undies, and lay in the most comfortable position possible on my bed. Even my couch can't cut it anymore.

Okay, that's enough bitching for one post. Gotta keep my eye on the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment