Friday, April 23, 2010

My Adventures On Bedrest: Intro



Due to my new found boredom, lack of anything to do, and dedication to bringing pregnant woman some piece of mind I now present you with my lastest (& hopefully VERY SHORT) blog series: My Adventures on Bedrest by Rachael Chesnutt

First off, I've never been told I'm not allowed to clean before. I've also never been told that I'm not allowed to walk my dog or go get the mail. So this is a new & not so exciting experience for me.

Secondly, I know that I am already considered full-term, and honestly don't have much more than 3 weeks tops to be on bedrest, so let me inform you this little series is not going to be of my bitching & moaning. It's going to be more of an amusement to myself. I want to send my love out there to all the women who have been bedridden since their 2nd, or even 1st trimester. I could never do it, sister. Mad props to you.

& last, an explanation. I'm 37 weeks and 2 days along. Just this week I found out that my blood pressure rises when I succumb to too much activity. In order to keep this baby cookin' as long as we can, my midwives have decided it's better that I rest than risk him not being well done yet.

Now, I'll warn you. This series may be a few weeks long. This series may be a few days long. Either way, I'm sure you're rooting for me.

To really get a feel for this silly experience, follow me on Twitter where I'll be posting updates throughout the day. Also, follow me on Dailybooth to see what I've been up to as well.

Thank you, & as always: stay tuned!




"If 750,000 businessmen every year were told to leave their jobs and lie on their left sides for months on end, I have a funny feeling there would be a lot more research done on bed rest!"

—Sarah Bilston, author of the fiction novel Bed Rest.



For women who have found out they'll be on bedrest much longer than me, find people like you in your situation to befriend & amuse! Visit KeepEmCookin.com to find out more about pre-term labor, bedrest, & more!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you are not going to go crazy on bedrest you're always so busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! We'll see what happens! Hopefully my water breaks before I do! lol

    ReplyDelete