Monday, April 19, 2010

Health vs Habit

Now that I am coming to the so close yet so far end of my pregnancy, it's time to start evaluating myself. I'm going to not only be desperate, but ambitious about looking like myself again. I'm guessing I'll hit the 180lbs mark by the time he's born. Surprisingly, I'm not that distressed about it. So, what I shall plan to do now, is to take a look at getting myself back down to a healthy weight. & by doing so, in a healthy way.

I am currently 5'3" tall. That gives me a healthy weight range of 104lbs - 141lbs. Basing this on my body structure, I should be hitting the lower middle of this grid. I'd say about 120lbs - 130lbs. Still, a wide range.

If I were ideally aiming to get down to 130lbs, the healthy amount of calorie intake per day would be about 2100. While breastfeeding, a healthy mom with a constant full milk supply, should intake about 2200 - 2400 calories per day. Your aim should be an extra 200 - 300 calories a day, while breastfeeding.

To reach this goal


Things I plan to get more of

fresh fruit
fresh vegetables
protein (a healthy mixture of beef, pork, chicken, & fish)
calcium (lowfat yogurt, milk, & cheese)
whole grains (substituting white flour for whole wheat flour)

Things I plan to get less of

fried, greasy foods
sweets & desserts
breaded meats
sugary cereal

I'm going to plan on working out 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week. This, of course, won't start until I feel I am fully healed. I want to get started right away, but I don't want to push myself to hard.

& of course

bitter/sweet indulgences

beer (I'll try to stick to wheat? lol)
chips (It'll be summer... you can't blame me.)
&
ICE CREAM (Once again... summer... I'll try to substitute for a smoothie.)
HOTDOGS! (Once again... summer...)

1 comment:

  1. Good plan! Now you just have to remember to look back at this post after the baby comes and remind yourself what the plan is! :) I'm sure it will come off quickly though. I hear breastfeeding helps tremendously with weight loss after pregnancy so you're on the right track. Of course, everyone is different so if it doesn't come off right away don't get down on yourself. It will come off with time and you will look beautiful still no matter what weight.

    ReplyDelete