Sunday, September 5, 2010

My first week of work!

This has been the busiest week ever, & if I weren't all nasty & sick I probably wouldn't be online typing this blog now. But, here I am, so I'll take advantage of Emmett's nap & me being sick & Phil being gone & write!

I started my new job on Monday, & so far I've liked every person who has walked into our training room. I've heard plenty of negative things about the place, & I have yet to experience any of it. I believe a person's perception of a place & a situation can definitely vary depending on how that person accepts the knowledge of what is happening around them. Myself, I have changed my shitty outlook & have completely renovated my attitude. I am now a huge believer in the positive policy.

But me saying that makes it sound like I am trying really hard to enjoy this new job, & that is not the idea at all. I really am truly liking everything. I don't mind the hours, or the criteria, or the expectations. I am fairly familiar with how a call center operates & it seems to me that AT&T's standard operating procedures make much more sense to me than ones I've dealt with before.

As much as I dislike admitting that yes, my new career is starting as a call center representative, I am extremely proud to bring up a few main points. 1.) AT&T is pretty much the largest communications companies in the entire world, & that leads to large opportunities. 2.) Call center work is not for everyone, so aside from people thinking just anyone can be successful in such a career is wrong. You have to fit for the type of work. It can be really hard & challenging. 3.) Because of this work not being for everyone, the turn over rate is large. Meaning making your way to management & higher is much easier if that's what I decide I want to do. I'm not 100% sure quite where I'm going yet, but I do know that I want to stay with this company. It's totally worth starting in the dirt job & working my way up.

Anyway, I'm excited about this new form of identity, my new attitude, my new job, my new house, & everything else good that has come to us lately.

One minor downfall... Phil totaled his car & we are now a one car family. So far, it hasn't completely drove me crazy. But, I'll keep you updated.

That's all for now folks!


CHECK IT OUT! A new thing I want to do with my blogging to help reach out & get to know my readers. It's a random question! I'll ask it, answer it, and then I'd like YOU to answer the question in the comments!


Q: What is your phone's current ringtone?

MY A: I keep my phone permanently on vibrate. I've come to really hate loud obnoxious ringtones & the ones on the phone are never that great. That, & I like feeling like I have the freedom to check my phone when I want, instead of having it scream at me all day long. :)

3 comments:

  1. So you mean you actually talk to people who call for help and don't actually work doing sales at the store? What's that like?

    My answer to the question is whatever I want! You can cheat and use your itunes to make any ringtone from any song for free on the iphone. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Q: What is your phone's current ringtone?

    I have a crackberry and don't even know how to change my friggin ring tone. It's on vibrate all the time anyways so it doesn't really make a difference. When I had a rumour2 I had 'she's so sorry' by hedley and 'you're gonna go far kid' by the offspring. Mainly because both were free ^_^.

    ReplyDelete
  3. halt. stop. wait. "my new house" did you guys pick a house!? did i miss a blog about home buying!? details lady!

    ps: my ringtone is the standard t-mobile one. jungle sounds and train wreck ringtones drive me bonkers.

    pps: hope you're loving the new job!

    ReplyDelete