Thursday, July 29, 2010

Baby Wearing

Baby wearing is a term meaning to carry or wear a child using a sling or other form of infant carrier. It's been practiced for decades, & is far from a new concept. The point of baby wearing is mainly used by nursing mothers. Studies have shown that mothers who practice baby wearing have a stronger attachment, making nursing easier.

However, some mothers use this method out of exhaustion & convenience. For example, I love holding my baby but would sometimes like to have my arms free. Another reason, is because I tend to favor one side of my body than the other, making one side of my upper body more vulnerable to aches & pains. Using a baby carrier centers the baby on my body.

Either way you use baby wearing, I'll agree that it is possibly the most amazing invention in history of parenting. Emmett abso-freaking-lutely loves his Baby Bjorn. If you are curious, it's much more co-ed than the wrap.



It can be worn by both mom & dad. It's super secure, & can be used as early as 2 months old. Emmett is a bit bigger & much better at carrying his own head, so it works perfectly. He dislikes being held in the typical baby position, & this holds him straight up & down. He can also look around.

If you don't believe me, see for yourself. This is honestly the best idea, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment