Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I liked May 4th better than May 5th & here is why:

Every year everyone who I guess is anyone makes a huge deal about El Cinco De Mayo. Or, as people in the U.S.A have been calling it, May 5th. It's a Mexican holiday celebrating the time when the Mexican army defeated the French during invasion. NOT to be confused with the Mexican Independence Day, which is in September.

As the glorious America has always done, they've turned this victorious event into something they could celebrate, & used what wasn't even their own victory as an excuse to get drunk. Big surprise. Margaritas, Tequila, & whatever else your common frat boy can cook up.

This is what I did on my El Cinco De Mayo:

  • I woke up around 11.
  • I ate Spaghettios.
  • I watched Star Wars: Episode I - Phantom Menace.
  • I went grocery shopping.
  • I went to a family cook out.
  • I went on a walk with Phil & Caesar.
  • I watched Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones.


As you can see, not much partying.

& if you must know, Phil & I have been watching all of the Star Wars movies. We of course started with the classics, which have always been my favorite. & then he introduced me to the 3 newest ones, which I've never seen.

If I were a Jedi Master, & I had my own light saber, I'd want it to be pink.

End of story.



Anyway, we started watching the series Monday night. Which was May 3rd. The next morning, I woke up & read this tweet from someone I'm following:



(I, of course, had to retweet this!) & I was absolutely thrilled. & if you must know why, it's because not only am I terrible with trends & holidays, I never know when cool things are going on. But, lo' & behold, I was for the first time ahead of the game.

So suck it, you trend setters & trend spotters! I claim this victory!

Oh yeah, & happy El Cinco De Mayo Mexico. I'm sorry everyone in American colleges had to ruin your special day.

1 comment:

  1. I think you'd have the coolest freaking light saber around! I'd go for purple ;)

    ReplyDelete