Saturday, April 10, 2010

what's on my mind: Food.

There is nothing more sweet than your home after you've done some major grocery shopping. Admit it! There is nothing more annoying than eating crap you don't really want. If it were up to me, and money were not an issue, I'd be eating the most amazing, authentic, & foreign of foods every day. I watch way too much Travel channel.

Any way, I'm just about 9 months pregnant now, and food is becoming a sin & a saint. Most of the time I've been craving the right foods. Mostly pasta, fresh deli, or fruit. Quite a bit of fruit, actually. It's mainly oranges. But this time we picked up strawberries, bananas, and these amazing giant grapes.



They have seeds and are about the size of red potato. They are extremely juicy and sweet.

& then, I sometimes crave things that aren't so good. Like hot Cheetos, or anything in it's flamin' hot family. I can't help but scarf them down, sometimes finger fulls at a time. They have no nutritious sustenance, and do nothing but make me extremely ill. (Not to mention they give baby the hiccups and aren't too nice to my bowels. Ugh.)

Another thing that I've been craving lately, & haven't decided yet if it's good or bad: pie. But more specifically, those sugary individually wrapped fruit pies. Hostess used to make them fresh downtown. There are a ton of different brands, but I've found a crowd pleaser. They are quite a bit smaller than the Hostess version, and come in all the normal flavors. My favorite being cherry.




Very, very delicious.

Another thing I've finally found comfortable eating again: hotdogs. & it's totally that time of season!

& that's as long as Phil allows me to eat them...

No comments:

Post a Comment