Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Adventures On Bedrest: Day 2 (4/24/2010)



Day 2


This morning I woke up @ 8:00am. I couldn't breathe out of my nose. So after a vigorous Afrin Nasal spray session, I was able to fall back asleep & stay that way until 11:05am.

It was pretty amazing. I wasn't even mad that I skipped my favorite meal, breakfast, and my morning snack.

Another milestone today! The reason I ended up even getting up is because I got this sudden horrible contraction, that wrapped it's squeezing arms around to my back. I thought maybe I had been laying down too long, so I got up & went to the bathroom. Lo' & behold, there was my mucus plug. In all it's mucousy glory. Let's hope this is a step in the right direction!

I also promised a surprise. Phil was given an indefinite loan of an old Polaroid camera. After spending almost $30 on only 8 shots of film for it @ the-impossible-project.com, we got them in the mail with no time to spare. Which is good, since we wanted to use it for some of baby boy's first photos.



I, knowing that the birth of our son could come & go in a matter of short instances, was worried about the functioning of the camera & it's compatible film. Of course, not to doubt Phil's mad camera man skills, I just wanted to make sure we knew how to use the damn thing. So, we decided to take what could be the last photo of my belly as it will shortly cease to grow. It's probably my favorite belly photo, of all time. I'm really happy he thought of this idea, because it's going to be so awesome.



We'll of course be taking many, many more photos with our regular digital camera, as well. But these will definitely look good in contrast when we finally get a photo album put together. :)

Since I've been on this bedrest, my parents have been trying to help out as much as possible. Well, since the baby could be here any day now, I thought it fit to get some laundry done. My mom volunteered, but she had to bring Emma (niece) & Nolan (nephew) with her. Nolan had fallen asleep on the way over, so I just told her to chuck him on my bed so he can ride out the nap. They are few & far between, I hear. So while I fed Emma more sugar than necessary (because that's what aunts do), we waited for him to wake up. Turns out, he woke himself up by peeing all over himself. Of course, it got on my bed. Not much, but enough to leave a heart shaped wet spot on my sheets. I wish I would've taken a picture, but I didn't. :(

Phil & I were testing out angles on our digital camera before we snapped a shot with the Polaroid. I just found this on the camera, and played with it a bit. Usually I hate how my belly looks from the front, but I really liked this one:



As much as I resent the belly, I might actually miss it once it's gone.

Phil didn't make it home tonight in time for dinner, so I ate by myself. As I did, I thought baking some cookies would be a great way to pass the time. I love to get the kind you break apart and bake for about 10 minutes, because I am a horrible baker & way too impatient to make them by scratch. They usually come with 24 cookies, but normally I eat 2 blocks of dough, and save 2 for Phil.



What I watched:

  • Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - Heathcock Family
  • Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - Beach Family
  • The Mothman Prophecies


What I listened to:

  • Miniature Tigers - Tell It To The Volcano
  • The Good Life - Album of the Year
  • Fleet Foxes - Self Titled
  • Dr. Dog - We All Belong
  • Peter Bjorn & John - Writer's Block


I was hoping to possibly bust out my old Lord of the Ring's collection & start reading them again. The weather seemed nice enough earlier today. But when it rains, it pours. :( So instead I did what all the stars do and I sang instead. But still, boo. I NEED SUNLIGHT!





I never ended up reading anything, by the way. :(

Anyway, ended up going to bed around 10:47pm. After I started feeling really hot & sticky and showering for no reason at 10:30 at night. This mixture of humidity & chilly air is not fun!

As always, you can follow me on Twitter & watch me on Dailybooth for more interesting updates through out the day!

Stayed tuned for hopefully tomorrow! Which will be Day 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment